Monday, January 31, 2011

Monday, January 31, 2011: 17/365

TWO-FER!
I have had my scooter for a few weeks now and I am pretty comfortable with it. I have been very careful when driving and parking and have yet to run it out of gas (knock on wood). Today, the scooter decided to wreck itself. You may laugh, but I parked it, turned off any lights and fully extended the kickstand as I always do. However, unbeknownst to me, the concrete beneath my kickstand was poured on top of an air bubble. The weight of the scooter pushed the concrete down into the air bubble and the scooter fell off a 3 foot ledge and tumbled down a small hill. :/ It appears that no matter how careful you are, sometimes, S#!T happens. :( This is the damage caused by the scooter's tumble:
You can see the plastic shield cracked and the handlebar casing cracked. Also, the mirrors were both loose the throttle wouldn't turn correctly and the tank covers had popped out of their original places.
The guy that rented me the scooter tried to blame me for the damage but when he saw the hole in the ground where the scooter was sitting, he decided that what I said before was correct. S#!T just happens sometimes.  Thank goodness he and his mechanic, Prince, were able to fix it that night.

Back to new in no time!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment