Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thursday, March 31, 2011: 75/365


Tonight was a great night! I went to the Talent Showcase presented by Ashley Willis (you may remember her from a previous blog as the one who took the stunning photographs of Palak and I together). She is an amazing photographer and she did a presentation today on HOW to photograph or more concretely the dynamics of photography. She explained exposure, ISO, aperture and shutter speed in a way that connected the dots between the pixilated photographs I have been taking. I immediately came home and was so inspired I went in the bathroom to try my hand a some of the tricks used. I took this photograph using a 4second shutter speed moving my illuminated cellphone around during the exposure time. Next, I read my entire camera manual and played around with more of the settings. Now, I am on a mission. In order to shoot in manual and be in control of the different aspects of photography I need a better camera...more info to come after research has been done.....

No comments:

Post a Comment